Hedgelaying at Pen y waun Nature Reserve
Kids enjoying getting back to nature at a 'wild camp' event
We provide advice to landowners, our members and the general public
We work to protect habitats and species including the Hazel Dormice
We run wildlife events throughout the year
Annual Winter bird watch at Llangors lake
We are Brecknock’s leading wildlife conservation charity. Working in partnership with 47 other Wildlife Trusts across the UK, we aim to create an environment rich in wildlife for everyone.
Did you know:
- BWT manages 22 Nature Reserves for the benefit of wildlife and people. Find your nearest nature reserve
- We also work to create, improve and restore rare habitats such as Rhos pasture and ancient woodland
- In the past few years we have worked on projects helping animals such as the Red squirrel, Dormice, Great crested newts and Marsh fritillaries.
- We provide advice to landowners and the public on land management and wildlife
- We run an events programme to inspire and show people about the magnificent wildlife on our doorstep.
- We are very fortunate to have the support of volunteers to help us look after and help wildlife
- Your membership is vital to our work, please consider joining us as a member your membership can make a real difference!
As well as thinking about local wildlife in Brecknock we also need to think bigger about wildlife across the UK, Europe and beyond. This is why the Wildlife Trusts have a vision called 'Living Landscapes' and 'Living Seas'